Assignment: B Side / Passion (or Hobby)
The Step-by-Step guide to your assignment:
1. Identify your idea (Passion/ B-side). PRODUCT
2. Write some ideas down: PRODUCT: What do you want to share? PROCESS: How would like to share it?
3. Write a script with some of your key points/ ideas. PRODUCT
4. From the script-- identify the images, sounds, video, text needed for the project/ movie. PROCESS
5. Record the script in a quiet place.
TIP: Record 2-3 takes. Also, use Garageband or a recorder. Get Music from freeplaymusic.com orincompetech.com. PROCESS
6. COLLECT, MAKE (shoot) your images/ SHOOT your video. PROCESS
TIP: Collect "safe" and legal images from compfight.com. TIP: Follow the Rule of Thirds when shooting video or making a picture.
TIP: Divide roles to speed up the process.
7. IMPORT your images to iPhoto. PROCESS
8. IMPORT your Sounds/ Music/ Narration to iTunes. PROCESS
9. in iMovie (or Moviemaker, Final Cut Studio, Premiere, Layout the images, the audio, the music. Make adjustments with timing, audio levels. PROCESS
TIP: Experiment, try, vary your options.
TIP Advance: Normalize your audio. This means you need to make sure your audio level(s) are level at 0 dB. See this link for more. PROCESS
10. Refine! Add text: Credits, Titles. PROCESS
11. Export (Or Share to MobileMe Gallery). PROCESS
12. Get your pop corn!