A L A S media + S F E T T + Cine de la Gente. We have been creating WHY to, FOR EXAMPLE, and HOW to videos for 10 years. Flickschool is a collection of ideas that have helped the San Fernando Education Technology Team (and its evolutions) throughout the years. We hope this site helps you produce the coolest projects.
We know creating original music is difficult, but we found a great technique in building a song by playing the black keys on a piano and staying on tempo. In this how-to we show you how it's done. Enjoy!
Here at Alas Media we are true believers that the iPhone is not only an awesome phone, but also a great musical instrument. In this video, we show you how you can connect your iPhone to GarageBand so you can record a song. Enjoy. Click here.
1. Identify your idea (Passion/ B-side). PRODUCT
2. Write some ideas down: PRODUCT: What do you want to share? PROCESS: How would like to share it?
3. Write a script with some of your key points/ ideas. PRODUCT
4. From the script-- identify the images, sounds, video, text needed for the project/ movie. PROCESS 5. Record the script in a quiet place. TIP: Record 2-3 takes. Also, use Garageband or a recorder. Get Music from freeplaymusic.com orincompetech.com.PROCESS
6. COLLECT, MAKE (shoot) your images/ SHOOT your video. PROCESS TIP: Collect "safe" and legal images from compfight.com. TIP: Follow the Rule of Thirds when shooting video or making a picture. TIP: Divide roles to speed up the process.
7. IMPORT your images to iPhoto. PROCESS 8.IMPORT your Sounds/ Music/ Narration to iTunes. PROCESS 9. in iMovie (or Moviemaker, Final Cut Studio, Premiere, Layout the images, the audio, the music. Make adjustments with timing, audio levels. PROCESS
TIP: Experiment, try, vary your options. TIP Advance: Normalize your audio. This means you need to make sure your audio level(s) are level at 0 dB. See this link for more. PROCESS
10. Refine! Add text: Credits, Titles. PROCESS 11. Export (Or Share to MobileMe Gallery). PROCESS 12. Get your pop corn!
I have been noodling with Apple's Logic Studio and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!! It is the coolest music production tool I have ever played with. Technically, its considered a comprehensive music studio package. You can be a composer, a producer, a musician, a DJ, or a movie-score dude (or dude-ette)-- Logic Studio has a place in your heart (and creativity).
Its not the cheapest application, but since this is the same tool professionals use-- know that you're getting an experience that is synced with what the industry is using. ProTools people, Chill. This Logic Studio interfaces perfectly with your pro tools set up for you final mixing. I see Logic Studio as a production tool will supercool post production features. Let ProTools be a mastering and mixdown application. That's fine. It works. Let Logic Studio make the musical magic.
Here are some movies we created for you about the new features of Logic. Enjoy.